Monday, November 22, 2010
O my, ya'll. I'm extremely exhausted. But. I'm here. At school. With a smile on my face and a big fluffy sweatshirt on to make this rainy day before Thanksgiving break a little better.
Ok. That's my rant for this morning. Ha.
Anyways, this week is one of my favorite weeks of the whole year! Everything about it is awesome.
1. All of my siblings are here. Which is kind of impossible. Love it though.
2. The rest of my family comes over, too. Precious Grandparents. :)
3. Food. Lots and lots of food. And let me tell you, I come from a longggg line of UH-MAZING home-cookers. :)
4. No School. At least for 3 days. Pure wonderfullness.
5. Lots of reading, painting, sleeping, and other things that make this girl happy. :)
Ok. So now that I've reached a good number of happy Thanksgiving things, I guess I will go! Just to finish this day of school and then on to Thanksgiving break!
P.S. Sassy is laughing histerically because she thinks blogs are ridiculous... She's starting her own as I type. Whose ridiculous now?!? :)
Thursday, November 18, 2010
So this will be quick, because I'm at school, but just wanted to leave you with a video that our youth group watched a while back. Such an awesome reminder of how our relationship with Christ SHOULD be. For me, it isn't most of the time. I really struggle with giving Christ complete control over every aspect of my life. But this video is an awesome illustration of that struggle.
So. Get off your stool, and let Christ sit down for a while. :)
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
I've already finished my projects, so I decided... Why not blog? I don't have any other time to do it anyways.
So... My life has been flying fast. School was crazy last week. So. Much. Homework. It was slightly ridiculous. Ok, very ridiculous. Anyways, a couple of nights of being up until almost two did me in. I'm still catching up on all that lost sleep. Oh, well. Maybe better this week... Yeah, right. :)
My life is kind of boring right now. School. Home. Homework. Eat. Hold my cutest-in-the-world nephew. Sleep. And the cycle starts all over again. Maybe in a couple of weeks, things will pick up. Not that I need to lose any more sleep. Ooof. Makes me yawn just thinking about it.
Spiritually, I'm just dealing with some stuff right now. I'm not exactly sure what that is, but when I figure something out, I will most likely blog about it. Maybe. ;)
Well... Told you this would be short! I'm about to get graded, and I'm pretty sure it isn't on my mad blogging skills. Haha
Talk to you soooooon :)
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Well, let's just say that these past 3 weeks or so have been more than stressful. Exhausting. Mentally. Spiritually. Physically. Emotionally. It's been insane to say the least. School started, my Brother, Sister-in-law, and Nephew moved in, and just normal life has happened.
I don't think I've ever felt quite like this in my life. It's an odd feeling. Sad, confused, anxious, worried. I'm not sure, but I do know it isn't a good feeling by any means. Not good at all.
So lately, I've been trying really hard to give my everything to My One True Love. But it's hard! Very hard. I definitely don't have all the answers, and I know that I could never figure this out with my own little mind, so God is my One and Only Option. He can deal with this. I can't. He knows everything. I (definitely) don't.
One thing that I have discovered... The older you get, the harder life gets. That's just how it is. But with My Love, I can do it! It won't be easy, and it won't always be filled with nice and happy endings, but when you trust in HIM, you can't go wrong. That's one good decision I've made lately. Ha.
So. Here are a few quotes from a book I've been reading lately...
"When life is more than she can bear, God is more than she needs."
-Hayley DiMarco (God Girl)
"When you learn to love no matter what the circumstances, you learn to rise above."
-Hayley DiMarco (God Girl)
"A God Girl knows true happiness because she isn't lying to herself about what her heart knows, but she puts all her faith on the fact that God is trustworthy."
-Hayley DiMarco (God Girl)
We sang this song in church a while back, and it really hit home.
"KATIE! I AM... Your Hope, Peace, Joy, Rest, Comfort, Relief from your stress, Strength, Faith, Love, Power, Freedom this very hour. I'm going to take care of you. I love you. I'm always with you."
Ahhh.... *sigh*. HE IS. He is my only hope.
Talk to you soon.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
- We are to live through Christ.
- We are to live with Christ.
- We are to live for Christ.
- We are to live for the Lord.
- We are to live forever.
- We are to live by faith.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
So, I am definitely that ''blogger'' who waits almost two full weeks to blog again. It's not like I try to wait that long, my life is just SO busy right now. I envy all these Moms who can blog everyday or sometimes even twice a day! Crazy.
I hope that you had an amazing Fourth of July weekend because I know we did! Church was amazing Sunday morning with honoring our Armed Forces, and then we ended the night with a huge fireworks show at the church! It was so awesome, and we all had an amazing time hanging out together. Paris, Scout, Jenny, Abby, and I (plus a lot more who don't have code names) were all there, and it was tons of fun. I love the Fourth of July and I am so blessed to live in the good 'ole U.S.A.! :)
Well, hence the name of this post's title, summer is already halfway over... :( Our fall classes start on August the 13th so we have about 5 1/2 weeks left of Summer. I can't believe it! Time flies when you're having fun! Although, because Summer is coming to a close, that means that Paris will be moving in about 3 weeks. We are all pretty bummed. Most of the time, if someone talks about it, we all kind of go into denial and say, "I don't wanna talk about it!" But even though this is a hard time for all of us, we know that God is in control.
Monday, June 21, 2010
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Well... I am officially one of the worst bloggers there is. But in my defense, I have been super busy. School ended, and SUMMER started! LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Except for the intense sunburn that I got on the VERY first day of Summer. If you have known me for any amount of time, you know that my skin is pretty much sun-resistant. I start out snow white, turn tomato red, and then go back to white... and the cruel cycle continues. Never ever will I be tan. Better come to terms with that now. Darn you, Sun. ;)
A lot has been going on around here lately... Here are some quick updates.
1) School Ended. THANK GOODNESS! After finals were all over, it was such an awesome feeling. I barely kept my "A" in Algebra 2, and even though I ended that class with a 91, an "A" is an "A", and that is all that counts! We also got our Summer Reading Assignment, and the book we have to read is titled, On Writing Well. Anybody ever read it? It is literally about "writing well"... We will see how that goes. Obviously, I also have to write a paper at the end of reading the book. Oh, the dreaded Summer reading...
2) When Summer actually started, I think we (all of my friends and I) were all SO worn out that we haven't even spent very much time together yet. But... I know that it will soon start! I started babysitting this morning, and I am excited to do that for the rest of the Summer, too.
3) Student Camp was planned to be at Orange Beach, AL this year, but because of that stinkin' oil spill it was moved to Camp Windermere in Roach, MO. Definitely not the beach, but I think we will still have a ton of fun. Can't wait for camp!!!
4) Last week was my Grandma's 90th birthday, so all of my cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. came into town! We had a blast, all together. Also, my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew came home! I couldn't believe how much that little nephew of mine has grown! He is too cute. I already miss everybody being here! Just me, mom, and dad now. :( Pretty lonely around here now!
5) On Sunday, my sister left on a Summer internship that is in Malawi, Africa. You can keep up with her blog here... http://www.alyssainmalawi.blogspot.com/. She will be in Malawi for 8 weeks helping with Esther's House Orphanage. She is SO excited and I am SO excited for her! :)
Well... Tonight we have Wednesday night church, so I am going to head out! I promise that it will not be as long before I blog again! Talk to you soon!
Monday, May 17, 2010
2. NO SCHOOL: While school is (somewhat) important :), It is going to be SO extremely wonderful to have no homework, Algebra 2, Chemistry, and other crazy subjects that we will never use in daily life to worry about. Haha. O well... 10 years down, 2 to go. I will miss seeing these beautiful faces every day at lunch though. :)
3. Summer Jobs: Now, most people I know aren't looking forward to waking up early and working all. day. long. But I am!!! I'm super excited about my job this summer. I am babysitting 5 days a week. 4 days for one family, and 1 day for another. I know it will be busy, but I am still looking forward to it. So blessed to have this opportunity.
4. Wednesday Night Church: There is just something about Wednesday night church in the summertime. I am really looking forward to Overdrive this summer at our church. If you don't go anywhere on Wednesday nights, you should come check it out sometime! Awesome speakers, great worship, and sand volleyball afterwards. Also... can't wait for Frozen Tung's Sno-cones after those nights. So much fun!
5. Fun all around: Swimming, Sno-cones, Water Reservoir Limitation Device Walks ;) (AKA walks on the Lake Fayetteville Dam), Movie Nights, Staying up late... etc. I. Can't. Wait. For. Summer!!!
Listing those things makes me want summer to be here right now! Patience, Katie. Patience. It will be here and gone before we know it. Well... I listed some of my favorite summer activities... What are some of yours?
P.S. 8 DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT!!! :)
Monday, May 3, 2010
Well... I promise that there is a really good reason for not posting a blessed anything for so long! A crazy semester at school plus a number of other things can cut into a girl's blogging time, ya know? ;) Anyways... Here is a recap of the last several weeks.
1) First, in early April, Paris turned Sweet 16! O yeah! We had a TON of fun at her party. First, Cheyne and I did a little scavenger hunt (O sweet revenge. Haha) for the birthday girly. It was pretty hilarious... She figured out the clues pretty quick! Thank goodness for that because the people at an unnamed eating establishment were not very kind... Oh well. We still had fun. :) After eating, we headed out to Cheyne's for cake, presents, and Wii. O so fun! My friends. O dear. Haha Gotta love them though!
Here is just a peek of the fun evening... :)
*Here's an interesting fact about one of our judging sheets... On one of our sides, the title of that specific side is "Commemorative". And on our judging sheet they said, "On side 3... the title 'commerative' is kind of hard to read." Yes they did. They spelled Commemorative wrong. On the judging sheet... Umm, excuse me Mr. Judge. Yes, you. Well, could you maybe not count off for something you can't spell? Ok. Maybe I am a tad bit bitter... Nah. :)
Here is a cute pic of our group...
3) Preschool Choir. Ya know... It's really a lot harder than it sounds. People say to me, "Come on. How hard is it to get some little kids to sing some songs??" O people. Let me tell you. It is not only getting them to sing some songs. It is maintaining control of a group of 3-yr.-old children on the HUGE stage in the Worship Center. It is getting them to not pick their nose, lift up their shirts (or any other article of clothing for that matter), hit some other little child and knock them down, etc. etc. It is getting these sweet little kiddos to smile innocently while their loving parents sit and "Oooo-and-Ahhh" over their precious babies. Yes, folks. Much more than just singing some songs. But even through all of the chaos. Even through the snot drips (and snotty attitudes), I love those kids. It is really an honor to be a part of helping them learn how to worship Jesus. And that my friend, is ALL that matters.
Just a picture of those sweet kids on their last night of choir (Along with their beautiful choir teachers. ;) THANKS GIRLS!)...
Well... There you go. My life for the past month or so. What a time in my life. :) I'm sure there are some even busier days ahead for this Sophomore. Off to do homework!
P.S. 18 DAYS LEFT OF MY SOPHOMORE YEAR!!! Can you tell I'm a little excited? :)
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
There you go. The simple things in life. What are the simple things in your life that make you happy? :)
See ya later!!!
Sunday, April 4, 2010
As you know... Today is Easter. I think Easter is one of my very favorite holidays of the whole year. I think because I am a pretty anxious person who needs reassurance constantly, today is great for me. All day long I am continually reminded of what my One True Love did for me. What the God of the whole world did for me. I cannot even begin to understand His everlasting love.
I have heard the "Easter Story" countless times in my life, but until about 8th grade, I don't think it really set in. My Savior died the most painful and agonizing death EVER. For me. For this whole screwed up world. Why?!? One word: Love. Like 1 John 4:19 says, "We love because Christ loved us first." I will never understand this love that He has for me, but I will understand that it is ALWAYS there, and He is always there. Whether other people want to admit it or not, the Creator of this world, the only perfect man to ever walk the earth, LOVES them unconditionally. Even through their crud and selfishness, HE loves them. Don't fight it, accept it. :)
I hope that your Easter will be full of reassurance of the love that Christ gives to us.
"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me will have life even if they die. And everyone who lives and believes in me will never die.'"
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
My brother and sister-in-law were due to have a baby boy in late April, but he surprised us and came early! 3 weeks early to be exact! Praise the Lord for a happy, healthy little boy. He is just perfect. Here's the little bundle of joy... Titus Johnathan Stewart. 7 lbs. and 9 ozs. and 21 and 1/2 in. long. Precious...
Isn't he just great?!?! He is such a sweet baby and I'm a VERY proud aunt! Well... We are leaving here tomorrow, so I better go hold that sweet little boy. Talk to you soon!!!
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Yep... you read that right. 11 inches. Crazy. Less than 48 hours ago it was sunny and 70 degrees. Who knows...
Our trip has also been delayed once again. The plan right now is to leave tomorrow at 10 a.m. Which is wayyyy better than 6 a.m. like this morning... Yeah, I think I'm going to go take a nap now. Haha
See ya soon!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Well... I pretty much have absolutely nothing to talk about, but since I have time, I hate to not blog. Ha. So... I figured I would just talk about some random things...
1) School: Well... School is pretty overwhelming right now. Since spring break is next week (WOOOHOOOO!!!!), all of our teachers are piling on the homework. I've got algebra 2 (I'm sure I will be calling one of my friends later about that), an English paper to write, a Spanish PowerPoint presentation, and a Christian Studies presentation to do on Habakkuk. Yes. I just said Habakkuk. I'm definitely going to have to read up on that. Teachers are just wonderful. They think that we have no life outside of their subject.... Frustrating. Ok... Stepping off of my soapbox now... ;)
2) Music: A ministry in my youth group, called MOTION, is going on a trip next week. On our mission trips we use step routines, songs (hence the reason that I put this topic in Music), dance routines, and stomp routines to share the Gospel. Yeah, so cool I know! It really is an awesome ministry, and I can't wait to go on this trip. Last year, we saw over 200 people saved, which was SO awesome. If you think about it, Will you pray for us next week?
3) My One True Love: Lately, I've been dealing with a lot. Paris might be moving... this Summer. Which is very hard on me (and Scout) but I really feel like God is right here with me. It will be extremely hard for her not to be here, and I know we will all miss her like CRAZY, but I know that God is right here in the middle of the whole situation. He knows where and when we need help, and He is always there... Such a reassuring thought. I love Him. :)
Well... I guess I will go attempt some algebra 2. Key word: attempt. But first, I will leave you with a verse. A reassuring verse.
Psalm 34:18, "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, and He saves those whose spirits have been crushed."
Talk to you soon!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Well... I said that I probably wouldn't get to post while I was in Louisville last weekend... and I was right. We had a lot of fun though, and it was really good to see the family. :) My sweet little nephew was kicking all around... So amazing how God already has plans for his life... and he's not even here yet! Crazy, crazy, crazy.
This week has been pretty overwhelming getting caught up on homework (which I am still not caught up on). Monday was a full day of driving home... ugh. But I did finish a book called A Bride in the Bargain. The author's name is Deanne Gist. She is soooo good! Paris knows what I'm talking about ;). Here's her website if you are interested... http://www.deeannegist.com/
Anyways, Tuesday was a rude awakening of coming back to school. Blah. Spring Break couldn't come any slower. Wednesday was OK, because Scout, Paris, and I had 3-year-old Choir. Crazy fun. Here is a funny story about one little girl in our class...
While going over the types of notes and clefts, I held up the flashcard with the bass cleft on it. I said, "Who knows what this is?" To which almost all of them replied, "BASS NOTE!" Paris said... "It's not a note... but you're close!" So one of the sweet little girls in our class said... "It's a basement!!!!" Hahahaha! Everybody lost it. Just a little insight of a normal night at Preschool Choir. :)
So... Today is Regional History Day. If you don't know what that is, it's a huge competition between schools in our area. You have to create a topic, based on the theme, and then you display your topic in a creative way. First, there is a school fair, then regionals, state competition, and nationals. Like I said... today is the regional competition at a local community center and we are having wayyy too much fun! We have a whole day off of school, and sit around playing cards (MISS ELLIOTT!!!) and other stuff, like in my case, blogging. Nerdy, I know. :) The only serious part of the day is when the judges come and do an interview with you for your project. I'm pretty sure we did well... but I guess we will know soon enough. :)
Well... I guess I will head out for now. We got a mean game of Uno going on, so I better get involved here. ;) Talk to you later.
*UPDATE*... Paris, Other History Day Partner, and I placed 2nd in our category!!!! State, here we come!!!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Today was a good day. Simply put, I know. But when the day starts with no homework, continues with no homework, and ends with no homework, life is good. I guess the the 'no homework' doesn't really count since I didn't finish my homework from yesterday... Hmph. O well.
Anyways, today was awesome. Lunch was good, as usual, but Cheyne and Dear John had a family group meeting so that's always a bummer, but the rest of us still had fun! Lunch is always crazy. There will most definitely be some crazy stories about lunch sooner or later. ;)
The temperature got up to around 60 degrees this afternoon so the drive home was absolutely wonderful. Not to mention all of the strange stares I got from people at stop lights because I was blaring the radio with the windows rolled all the way down... Haha. I guess that part wasn't so wonderful. Ehh... those people should have been enjoying the once in a lifetime day of wonderfulness... Condsidering that thunderstorms are predicted for this weekend. Ugh... Enough weather for today... Onto something else... :)
Once again, after talking to my friends today again at lunch, we (Scout) decided that it would be good if every once in a while I said some quotes of theirs... again--- *WARNING* My friends are a tad odd and most of these will be "be-there-moments", but some are funny, too. I don't have any really good ones right now (that make sense), but I will soon I'm sure. So I hope they will make you laugh.... maybe. :)
Well, our family is going to see my brother, sister-in-law, and (almost) nephew (my sis-in-law is still pregnant) this weekend so I better go pack. But I will talk to you later!
P.S. Forgive me if I don't get to post this weekend! I will definitely try, but I don't know if I will have time. If I don't, I will see you Monday! Bye!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Well... After talking to my crazy, I mean completely awesome friends at lunch today, I realized that if I was going to share the stories of my everyday life, I probably needed 'codenames' for them. Ya know, so they aren't like completely embarassed if you happen to know some of them. So... I'm going to give their "name" and a simple description of who they are. *WARNING* My friends are... Well, let's just say a little "out of the ordinary" (Love you guys!) Anyways, here are my friends.
Paris: 3 Words- Best. Friend. Ever. Paris loves to read, (like me) plays soccer, is in the band: clarinet, and is very blonde... but brunette. :) Haha
Scout: Although she just moved here, we all feel like we have known Scout forever. She is amazing, and super hilarious. Stories about her are going to having you laughing. She is awesome!!!
Dear John: I've known Dear John since elementary school, but we really weren't friends until about 6th grade. He's a hunter, drives a Jeep, is really sarcastic, and is wayyy better at Algebra 2 than me. Haha.
Cheyne: I've been best friends with Cheyne since before kindergarten so there are TONS of stories about us. Haha... about that. Anyways, he is a computer geek (kinda), loves to run, and is very very funny.
Catherine: Be-a-u-tiful. Catherine has a sweet and kind spirit. She is very quiet... except for sometimes. :) You just have to know her. Anyways, she also plays soccer with Paris. (They rock!)
Shorty: Well... Shorty is just shorty. :) He is an avid runner (training for a half-marathon) and he is wayyy shy. But we love him, and I'm glad we are friends!!!
Abby: Oh man, I love this girl. She cracks me up. Just like Cheyne, I've known Abby since before kindergarten. I've got SO many great memories with Abbs. She is hilarious and so fun to be around.
Jenny: I LOVE YOU, JENNAY! :) Jenny is super funny and beautiful inside and out. Super smart and always hilarious. :) Love you, friend!
Sam: Sam and I have had so much fun together! She is a CRAZY fast reader (super jealous of her for that!!!), and so sweet. Love her to death. :)
Well, that's about it. For now atleast.
I have to go teach some 3-year-olds how to praise Jesus. How much fun is that?!? They are super cute. I'm sure I will have some crazy stories about them too. :)
See ya later!!!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
This whole blog will probably be about 3 things: School, Music, and my One True Love. (Hence the name of the title... witty, I know.) Anyways, the School part is just about... ya know, homework, boys, dramatic friends, etc. High school can be pretty eventful if you didn't know. ;) Music, well... that is kind of self-explanatory I guess. Just fyi: My favorite music consists of Michael Buble, Natalie Grant, and some random other people. Haha. And last but not least, my One True Love. Now, most teenage girls are all boy-crazy and just HAVE to be dating someone all of the time. But thankfully, I'm just not like that. By watching other people, I've just realized that "high school relationships" are not for me. When I say, my One True Love, I mean my Almighty, Loving, Never-ending, Savior. He is my everything. And if He wants me dating, He will bring the perfect guy into my life.
Well... That's all for now. I will talk to you again soon!
P.S. When I told my Mom about this blog... Her response was, "Well, just finish your homework first." Awesome. Don't you just love high school?? :)