Monday, May 3, 2010

Birthdays+History Day+Preschool Choir=CRAZINESS

Hey there!

Well... I promise that there is a really good reason for not posting a blessed anything for so long! A crazy semester at school plus a number of other things can cut into a girl's blogging time, ya know? ;) Anyways... Here is a recap of the last several weeks.

1) First, in early April, Paris turned Sweet 16! O yeah! We had a TON of fun at her party. First, Cheyne and I did a little scavenger hunt (O sweet revenge. Haha) for the birthday girly. It was pretty hilarious... She figured out the clues pretty quick! Thank goodness for that because the people at an unnamed eating establishment were not very kind... Oh well. We still had fun. :) After eating, we headed out to Cheyne's for cake, presents, and Wii. O so fun! My friends. O dear. Haha Gotta love them though!

Here is just a peek of the fun evening... :)




2) Second... is History Day. O sweet, dear, lovely, and SO HAPPY IT'S OVER History Day. :) Well, we got to state History in our wonderful state's capital, and had a blast down there. We played all sorts of games, and had a really good time... Until the awards ceremony. We (Paris, Other History Day Partner, and I) thought we did AWESOME in our judging time. They loved us and our project, and we really thought we had a chance. And we did. Let me just say that the project next to ours was about Prostitution. Yes. A History project. On that. I don't see the impact and change in a great innovation with THAT topic. O well. Haha. Through the grapevine, we heard that our project was in the finals for judging and in the top 4. Well... Let's just say we got 4th. Haha. There is obviously only 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and 3rd doesn't even go to Nationals. But we were happy with our "4th place" even though we were not "honorably mentioned". Ha

*Here's an interesting fact about one of our judging sheets... On one of our sides, the title of that specific side is "Commemorative". And on our judging sheet they said, "On side 3... the title 'commerative' is kind of hard to read." Yes they did. They spelled Commemorative wrong. On the judging sheet... Umm, excuse me Mr. Judge. Yes, you. Well, could you maybe not count off for something you can't spell? Ok. Maybe I am a tad bit bitter... Nah. :)

Here is a cute pic of our group...





3) Preschool Choir. Ya know... It's really a lot harder than it sounds. People say to me, "Come on. How hard is it to get some little kids to sing some songs??" O people. Let me tell you. It is not only getting them to sing some songs. It is maintaining control of a group of 3-yr.-old children on the HUGE stage in the Worship Center. It is getting them to not pick their nose, lift up their shirts (or any other article of clothing for that matter), hit some other little child and knock them down, etc. etc. It is getting these sweet little kiddos to smile innocently while their loving parents sit and "Oooo-and-Ahhh" over their precious babies. Yes, folks. Much more than just singing some songs. But even through all of the chaos. Even through the snot drips (and snotty attitudes), I love those kids. It is really an honor to be a part of helping them learn how to worship Jesus. And that my friend, is ALL that matters.

Just a picture of those sweet kids on their last night of choir (Along with their beautiful choir teachers. ;) THANKS GIRLS!)...



Well... There you go. My life for the past month or so. What a time in my life. :) I'm sure there are some even busier days ahead for this Sophomore. Off to do homework!



P.S. 18 DAYS LEFT OF MY SOPHOMORE YEAR!!! Can you tell I'm a little excited? :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok friend well now that I JUST read this I like it. You are such a good blogger...haha(probably the weirdest compliment I've given you but whatever)ha. I love you SO much! I loved my B-day party it was AWESOME!History was a little disappointing but hey...we had a blast right?! You and other history day partner made it SO fun and even through our "trials" (you know what i mean), I still had fun using our talents. All we can do now is look back and laugh...which we do ALOT...;). 3 yr.-old choir was a BLAST every week and I enjoyed getting to spend every Wednesday night with those kiddos and with you and Scout...;). You are the bestest friend EVER and you will NEVER know how much you mean to me. ~Paris

    ReplyDelete