Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Better Late Than Never

Hey there!

Well... I am officially one of the worst bloggers there is. But in my defense, I have been super busy. School ended, and SUMMER started! LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Except for the intense sunburn that I got on the VERY first day of Summer. If you have known me for any amount of time, you know that my skin is pretty much sun-resistant. I start out snow white, turn tomato red, and then go back to white... and the cruel cycle continues. Never ever will I be tan. Better come to terms with that now. Darn you, Sun. ;)

A lot has been going on around here lately... Here are some quick updates.

1) School Ended. THANK GOODNESS! After finals were all over, it was such an awesome feeling. I barely kept my "A" in Algebra 2, and even though I ended that class with a 91, an "A" is an "A", and that is all that counts! We also got our Summer Reading Assignment, and the book we have to read is titled, On Writing Well. Anybody ever read it? It is literally about "writing well"... We will see how that goes. Obviously, I also have to write a paper at the end of reading the book. Oh, the dreaded Summer reading...

2) When Summer actually started, I think we (all of my friends and I) were all SO worn out that we haven't even spent very much time together yet. But... I know that it will soon start! I started babysitting this morning, and I am excited to do that for the rest of the Summer, too.

3) Student Camp was planned to be at Orange Beach, AL this year, but because of that stinkin' oil spill it was moved to Camp Windermere in Roach, MO. Definitely not the beach, but I think we will still have a ton of fun. Can't wait for camp!!!

4) Last week was my Grandma's 90th birthday, so all of my cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. came into town! We had a blast, all together. Also, my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew came home! I couldn't believe how much that little nephew of mine has grown! He is too cute. I already miss everybody being here! Just me, mom, and dad now. :( Pretty lonely around here now!

5) On Sunday, my sister left on a Summer internship that is in Malawi, Africa. You can keep up with her blog here...
http://www.alyssainmalawi.blogspot.com/. She will be in Malawi for 8 weeks helping with Esther's House Orphanage. She is SO excited and I am SO excited for her! :)

Well... Tonight we have Wednesday night church, so I am going to head out! I promise that it will not be as long before I blog again! Talk to you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment