Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Halfway Over

Hey!

So, I am definitely that ''blogger'' who waits almost two full weeks to blog again. It's not like I try to wait that long, my life is just SO busy right now. I envy all these Moms who can blog everyday or sometimes even twice a day! Crazy.

I hope that you had an amazing Fourth of July weekend because I know we did! Church was amazing Sunday morning with honoring our Armed Forces, and then we ended the night with a huge fireworks show at the church! It was so awesome, and we all had an amazing time hanging out together. Paris, Scout, Jenny, Abby, and I (plus a lot more who don't have code names) were all there, and it was tons of fun. I love the Fourth of July and I am so blessed to live in the good 'ole U.S.A.! :)

Well, hence the name of this post's title, summer is already halfway over... :( Our fall classes start on August the 13th so we have about 5 1/2 weeks left of Summer. I can't believe it! Time flies when you're having fun! Although, because Summer is coming to a close, that means that Paris will be moving in about 3 weeks. We are all pretty bummed. Most of the time, if someone talks about it, we all kind of go into denial and say, "I don't wanna talk about it!" But even though this is a hard time for all of us, we know that God is in control.

Ecclesiastes 3:11-12, "God has given them a desire to know the future. He does everything just right and on time, but people can never completely understand what He is doing. So I realize that the best thing for them is to be happy and enjoy themselves as long as they live."

My sister is halfway done with her Summer adventure, also. She is having an awesome time in Africa, and I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up over there again. :) Here is her blog address if you want to follow her journey... www.alyssainmalawi.blogspot.com.

My Summer has been filled to the brim with babysitting! I love it SO much, and love these kiddos, too! I can't even imagine what God will do with these awesome kids. He has an incredible plan for their life, and I can't wait to see what it is... Being around all these kids has made me realize something. Whatever it is that God has planned for me, I know that in some way He will put me around children. I'm not sure what that means yet, whether it be just being a Momma, or a teacher, I have no clue. But I do know that God gives people desires and gifts, and since those gifts and desires are God-given, why wouldn't He want them used for His glory? Just something to think about... I can't wait to experience what My One True Love has for me. :)

Well, I would imagine that the "sleeping-peacefully-baby" will wake up soon, and be a "give-me-my-bottle-NOW-baby," so I guess I will head out. :) Talk to you soon!

Happy Summer-ing!!!


P.S. HAPPY 17th BIRHTDAY DEAR JOHN!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment