Thursday, July 22, 2010

LIVE

Ok. So life has been quite eventful lately. And it seems that the events have only begun. School starts in just a short 3 weeks, my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew (and their dog) are moving in with us in the first week of August, and Paris is leaving next week. Next. Week. So there you go. While not all of these things are bad, all three together just create a lot of craziness.

***This is a CRAZY excited Auntie, though!!! :)***

Anyways, to say that all of these things are kind-of hard on me is quite an understatement. Throughout my entire relationship with Christ, I have really never dealt with asking God questions like, "Why me? Why now?". God has blessed me with a wonderful family, loving friends, a great church and school, and so many other things that I always take for granted. Honestly, I haven't had a reason to ask God those questions. But let me tell you, this whole situation with Paris moving is really taking a toll on me. Most people would assume that we have been best friends since kindergarten, but that isn't the case. God has given us an incredible friendship that I am so thankful for. I love Paris SO much. We all do. And I'm not quite sure what we will do without her.

All that to say... Last night at Overdrive, our student pastor spoke on the word live. It is such a simple word that relates to many complex things. Yesterday afternoon, honestly, I didn't really want to go to Overdrive. But I am so glad I did. This message gave me so much encouragement. He had 6 main points on how we are supposed to live... Here they are.

  1. We are to live through Christ.
  2. We are to live with Christ.
  3. We are to live for Christ.
  4. We are to live for the Lord.
  5. We are to live forever.
  6. We are to live by faith.

Then, at the end of his sermon, he asked us all a question. "What is the one way I need to live this week?" I thought. And thought. He said, "Maybe you don't need to write it in your notes, but at least write it on your heart. That's more important anyways." So... I started to think about which of the 6 points I needed to focus on this week. And then it hit me. Number 4. I am to live for the Lord. Lord=Boss. Keith said something like, "As Christians, God is our Lord and Savior. And that means that God is our boss. You always do what the boss says. No matter what." And Keith talked about what having a boss meant. When you have a boss, you do what the boss says. So, if God is my Lord, then He is my boss, and I do what He says. Concerning the whole "Paris Moving Thing", God told me to give Him control. To trust Him. And that's what I plan on doing. It my might not be easy. But I'm going to do it. He's my Lord. He's my Boss. He's my One True Love. And I owe it to Him to give Him my trust. He will do a better job at dealing with these issues anyways. :)

That's All.


Psalm 16:8... I have set the Lord always before
me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment