Thursday, March 11, 2010

Regional History Day 2010.... PARTY!!!

Hi There!!

Well... I said that I probably wouldn't get to post while I was in Louisville last weekend... and I was right. We had a lot of fun though, and it was really good to see the family. :) My sweet little nephew was kicking all around... So amazing how God already has plans for his life... and he's not even here yet! Crazy, crazy, crazy.

This week has been pretty overwhelming getting caught up on homework (which I am still not caught up on). Monday was a full day of driving home... ugh. But I did finish a book called A Bride in the Bargain. The author's name is Deanne Gist. She is soooo good! Paris knows what I'm talking about ;). Here's her website if you are interested... http://www.deeannegist.com/
Anyways, Tuesday was a rude awakening of coming back to school. Blah. Spring Break couldn't come any slower. Wednesday was OK, because Scout, Paris, and I had 3-year-old Choir. Crazy fun. Here is a funny story about one little girl in our class...

While going over the types of notes and clefts, I held up the flashcard with the bass cleft on it. I said, "Who knows what this is?" To which almost all of them replied, "BASS NOTE!" Paris said... "It's not a note... but you're close!" So one of the sweet little girls in our class said... "It's a basement!!!!" Hahahaha! Everybody lost it. Just a little insight of a normal night at Preschool Choir. :)

So... Today is Regional History Day. If you don't know what that is, it's a huge competition between schools in our area. You have to create a topic, based on the theme, and then you display your topic in a creative way. First, there is a school fair, then regionals, state competition, and nationals. Like I said... today is the regional competition at a local community center and we are having wayyy too much fun! We have a whole day off of school, and sit around playing cards (MISS ELLIOTT!!!) and other stuff, like in my case, blogging. Nerdy, I know. :) The only serious part of the day is when the judges come and do an interview with you for your project. I'm pretty sure we did well... but I guess we will know soon enough. :)

Well... I guess I will head out for now. We got a mean game of Uno going on, so I better get involved here. ;) Talk to you later.

*UPDATE*... Paris, Other History Day Partner, and I placed 2nd in our category!!!! State, here we come!!!


2 comments:

  1. Scout here ! I read this in computer again ! hahaha Scout out !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scout, dear, I love you hahaha. Hope you don't get caught!!! :)

    ReplyDelete